Shift Packaging Production Technician
Salary: Circa £25000 + Benefits
My client is a multi-sited leading FMCG manufacturing business with in-house production, packaging, transport and logistics. They are currently looking to recruit an additional 6 Shift Packaging Production Technicians/Operatives to up-skill and enhance the current team.
Reporting to the Warehouse Manager, the successful applicants will be key members of the Packaging and Warehousing team and will ensure that Company products are bagged in their correct packages (either: 10kg, 16kg, 20kg or 25kg paper sacks & 1000kg Tote bags) safely, on time and in full utilising available Process and Packaging Machinery and Equipment within the operation. As part of a small team you will be required to work on a 5 week rotating roster to cover a 24/7 packing operation.
As an ideal candidate for the role, you will be:
- Self-motivated and be able to contribute to departmental objectives as a member of the Packing team with the ability to work unsupervised and on your own initiative while considering personal & food safety standards
- Able to interpret and apply written and verbal instructions effectively with good attention to detail
- Able to maintain a high standard for quality, health & safety, and housekeeping
- Keen to participate in continual learning and take every opportunity to advance job knowledge.
Skills / Experience:
The successful candidate will have previous experience working in the food packaging and packing (or similar, i.e: Animal Feed, Pharmaceutical, Chemical) industry and have gained experience setting up and running an automated process packaging line (i.e: check-weigh, metal detection, bagging, labelling and bar-coding machinery).
Essentially, you will possess:
- A good mechanical aptitude (hand tool skills are essential) and the ability to carry out routine line checks & quality checks as required during the production runs.
- Physical fitness and reasonable strength as some manual handling/lifting (up to 26kg) is required
- A good level of written & spoken English and math.
- Other desirable and preferable skills include:
- Exposure/awareness of hand bar-code scanner/picking systems
- Good IT/PC skills with email and excel spreadsheet experience
- Basic Food Hygiene certification - if not already achieved, this must be obtained within 6 months (the company will provide training, etc.)
- A Counterbalance FLT licence is required for this position, however it is not essential that you hold a licence in order to apply, full Fork Lift Truck training will be provided to the right people if required.
- A full driver's licence - as the position involves some shunting of trailers. Previous shunting experience is not essential as full training will be provided.
PREVIOUS PACKAGING AND PACKING SKILLS ARE FAR MORE IMPORTANT!!
As previously stated, this a shift based role so a flexible approach to working hours and work duties is required in line with efficient operation & company goals. During peak production periods 24/7 operation is maintained. During the quieter periods a 24/5 + 12/2 (weekend 12hr shift) pattern is worked. Both rosters involve early, late and nightshift working averaging 41.6 hours/week. The shift roster is available for viewing prior to application upon request.
An immediate start is available for the right candidate so if you're on the job market and looking for a serious challenge within a fast paced Production, Packaging and Warehousing environment, what are you waiting for????
If this career opportunity is of interest and if what you've read above has whet your appetite to learn more please PICK UP YOUR PHONE AND CALL ME, Chris Errington on: 07973 312725 OR 0161 8702131 for a confidential career discussion. Alternatively click on the 'Apply Now' link.
Seriously Connected Ltd., confirm that our Independent Recruitment Specialist’s client has instructed us that the position advertised herein is of a permanent nature. All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Our Independent Recruitment Specialists cannot enter into discussions or offer assistance regarding sponsorship. Due to high volumes of applications in some instances our Independent Recruitment Specialists are unable to respond with individual feedback. Therefore, if you have not been contacted within five working days, unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful. Our Independent Recruitment Specialists may however retain your details for future consideration against other roles they are engaged to work on by their clients.