Salary: Circa £55,000 + Excellent Benefits
My client is a market leader within the packaging industry. They design, manufacture & distribute machinery throughout Europe, the Middle East, South East Asia and Australasia, with a market focus on prepared & frozen foods, bakery, cereal and confectionery.
They’ve got a dedicated team of people comprising not just Project Design Engineers but also Sales, Spares, Accounts, Procurement and Customer Service, as well as a full team of Manufacturing and Assembly personnel in a purpose-built factory.
They’re currently looking for a Quality Manager. With the support of senior management, The Quality Manager will be the primary driver of the Quality Management systems across two sites. This needs to have a lasting effect on the company’s processes and procedures leading to continuous improvement, enhanced customer satisfaction and compliance to the businesses ISO 9001 management accreditation and relevant external standards where applicable.
Duties and responsibilities are typical of a role of this nature, so I expect you’ll already know what to expect! What’s more important is the ability to satisfy the pre-requisites as follows:
- You will have firm knowledge and understanding, and be competent with ISO 9001:2015; ISO 12100 Machinery Safety Directive
- Experience in implementing management systems, specifically ISO 9001 (3-5 years).
- Experience in Engineering companies will be advantageous
- Minimum qualification required: IRCA Lead Auditor Certified or formal auditing qualification; Lean Management recognised training preferred (e.g. AGILE, SCRUM, 5S).
- Internal Auditing qualifications desirable/minimum previous experience required.
- Excellent organisation, planning and communication skills
- Team player mentality focused on working across all sectors of the business and management levels
- Solution orientated – methodical way of approaching processes
- Analytic approach to problem solving
- Professional approach, coupled with strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills
- Strong IT skills with ability to prepare data and reports.
- Experience with data from MRP/ERP systems to analyse data for improvement with Non-conformances against processes
- Experience with working with suppliers and conducting supplier audits
- Ability to work upon own initiative
- Versatile adapt to a rapidly changing environment and able to reprioritise workload where required
- University degree desirable; or experience in a technical process related role with credible amount of experience to understand role requirements and develop role internally within the business
- Flexibility to travel nationally and internationally when required by the business
Personal Attributes I’m looking for are as follows:
Open minded, quality focused, honest, pragmatic and skilled; ready to accept and to learn new techniques. You’ll have good managerial abilities, demonstrate the ability to work in teams and have a high level of attention to detail.
Interested? Don’t just click to apply, PICK UP YOUR PHONE AND CALL ME, Chris Errington on: 07973 312 725 OR 0161 870 2131 for a confidential no obligation career discussion and tell me why my client should be considering your application before this role gets snapped up by someone with more initiative than you!
Seriously Connected Ltd., confirm that our Independent Recruitment Specialist’s client has instructed us that the position advertised herein is of a permanent nature. All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Our Independent Recruitment Specialists cannot enter into discussions or offer assistance regarding sponsorship.